These coprosmas are real show stoppers once established, both in the garden or landscapes. Growing ultimately to around 3-4 feet in height, they have an upright and mounding habit and provide a lush year-round display of colorful glossy foliage. They’re extremely low maintenance, making them idea for adding color and interest in a variety of landscape settings.
- As a low-growing hedge
- To add architectural interest to a garden bed or border
- Inter-planted with ornamental grasses for contrast
- As a container plant
- Growth habit: Mounded / upright growth habit
- Mature size: 3-4 ft high and 3 ft wide
- Spacing: plant 1.5-2 ft apart for hedging
- Light requirements: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil requirements: Prefers well drained, slightly acidic soil; will also tolerate coastal conditions
- Water requirements: low to moderate water use
- Hardiness: Cold tolerant to 23°F Hardy to USDA Zone 9.
- Maintenance: Light pruning as required to shape; apply slow release fertilizer in early spring.
- Pests and Diseases: relatively pest and disease free.
- Lush glossy foliage: Pacific Sunrise™ has shiny chocolate-brown foliage with hot pink highlights; Pacific Sunset™ leaves have vivid red centers with burgundy/chocolate brown margins.
- Upright mounding habit
- Colors intensify as temperatures get cooler
- Low maintenance
- Can be trimmed, edged and shaped