Compact yet bold, Festival™ cordylines are easy to grow and are a real show stopper once established, both in the garden or in landscapes.
- Makes a stunning, easy-care container plant
- Great as a border plant
- In mass commercial plantings
- Bring indoors over winter as a houseplant
- Growth habit: basal branching, forming multiple short stems spreading out from the base of the plant to create a sturdy low-growing grass plant
- Spacing: plant 24 -36 inches apart (90 cm)
- Mature size: grows to 3 ft high and 3 ft wide (1m x 1m) with a basal clump of 18 inches(45 cm). Cascading effect reduces overall height.
- Hardiness: USDA Zone 8-11; will tolerate light frost to 90°F (30°C)
- Light needs: full sun to partial shade
- Soil requirements: performs well in a range of soil types, but prefers well-drained soil containing organic matter.
- Water needs: Low to moderate water requirement once established. Water thoroughly when planting during hot weather and continue until established.
- Disease tolerance: no major disease susceptibility.
- Container planting: if used as a container plant, select a pot that’s at least 18-20 inches (38-45cm) wide. Plant deeper than you normally would plant a container plant.
- Care: very low maintenance; remove old leaves as needed
- Clump forming dwarf habit
- Lush strap-like foliage give fountain-like effect
- Low maintenance and easy care
- Branches from base with no stems (unlike most cordylines)
- Small star-shaped lightly fragrant blossoms in late spring
- Can be brought indoors as a well-behaved, slow growing houseplant